2019 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Are you looking for a 5-seater SUV with plenty of power and features? The 2019 Jeep Cherokee and 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee both deliver for Frankfort drivers. Explore how the new Jeep Cherokee vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee compare in power, interior space, and price at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler.
Cherokee vs. Grand Cherokee: Trims & Price
You can scoop up the 2019 Jeep Cherokee for an MSRP starting at $25,240. The newest Cherokee is available in seven trims: Latitude, Latitude Plus, Altitude, Limited, Trailhawk®, Trailhawk® Elite, and Overland. Starting at $31,695 MSRP, the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee can be had in one of 11 trims:
- Limited X
Front-wheel is the standard drivetrain for both the new Grand Cherokee and Cherokee. For added capability on New Lenox roads, you can switch to a four-wheel drive system, such as Jeep Active Drive I.
Cherokee vs. Grand Cherokee: Interior Space & Features
The Jeep Cherokee interior and Jeep Grand Cherokee interior both offer some overlapping features including standard features like:
- Uconnect® with a 7-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto®
- a 6-speaker sound system
- 60/40-split-folding rear seat
As the name might indicate, the Grand Cherokee interior offers more interior space. Behind the first row of the Jeep Cherokee, drivers will find 54.9 cubic feet of cargo room, while the Jeep Grand Cherokee offers 68.3 cubic feet.
Cherokee vs. Grand Cherokee: Performance & Towing
- Jeep Cherokee: The newest rendition of the Jeep Cherokee welcomes a brand-new optional 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine, rated at 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. Other engine options include a standard 180-hp 2.4L 4-cylinder and a 271-hp 3.2L V6. Every engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. The Cherokee also delivers ample towing with a range of 3,500 to 7,200 pounds of towing capacity.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: The Jeep Grand Cherokee is powered by a base 295-hp 3.6L V6 engine. Optional engines include a 240-hp 3.0L turbo-diesel V6, a 360-hp 5.7L V8, a 475-hp 6.4L V8, and a 707-hp 6.2L V8. The Grand Cherokee sports a standard 8-speed automatic transmission and tows a similar amount as the Cherokee.
Test Drive the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee in Matteson!
Families in Mokena can find the power, fuel efficiency, and features they want in either the 2019 Jeep Cherokee or 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. See which Jeep SUV will be the best fit by contacting us to schedule a test drive at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler. Be sure to compare the Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Jeep Wrangler as well!