How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the light-duty 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. The Ram 1500 has been redesigned for the 2019 model year and features a variety of amenities to make towing safer and easier than ever before. Learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity with the experts at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler.
Ram 1500 Engines & Performance
You have three great engine options to choose from on the new Ram 1500. No matter which engine you choose, it is paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s how the three engines stack up:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Max towing capability is 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows as much as 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but towing capacity reaches 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity can range anywhere from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on the trim level of your choice.
Features that Enhance Towing
When it comes to towing, engine power alone is not enough. That is why the Ram 1500 has been outfitted with numerous features that make towing bulky items through New Lenox a breeze! Here are just a few ways the Ram 1500 makes towing simple and convenient.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes, so making quick stops, even in slick road conditions, is not a problem.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system helps to ensure that your blind spots are clear. An added benefit is that it automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler
The Ram 1500 towing specs are quite impressive, but we’ve only scratched the surface of what this light-duty pickup has to offer. See how it can improve your Mokena commute by taking a test drive at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler. Contact us to set up your test drive today, or ask us any questions about RAM features, including the RamBox® cargo system.
More About All-New RAM 1500 Features
The RAM 1500 safety ranking places this celebrated half-ton pickup in a league of its own. In 2019, the RAM 1500 was the first-ever pickup truck to be recognized as a Top Safety Pick+. That’s the highest honor awarded by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and it’s a feat that no rival has yet…
The reviews are in, and the 2019 RAM 1500 has not only been impressing New Lenox drivers, but industry experts as well. Just what makes the RAM 1500 such an outstanding choice for drivers in the Frankfort area? Read the RAM 1500 reviews before visiting South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler for a test drive. RAM 1500 Inventory Contact Us The…
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the light-duty 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. The Ram 1500 has been redesigned for the 2019 model year and features a variety of amenities to make towing safer and easier than…
The RAM 1500 specs have always been impressive, but there’s so much to love for the latest model year. The All-New RAM 1500 tailgate has been redesigned to be more convenient than ever before. Just what does it offer Frankfort drivers? Learn more from the experts at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler, then stop by the dealership to see…
One of the best parts of owning a vehicle is that you can customize it anyway you want once you’ve signed on the dotted line. As the owner, you can change anything you’d like from the tires to the hubcaps, performance, exhaust system, and the interior features. RAM truck drivers who use their vehicles for…