No Other Truck Beats the RAM 1500 Safety Ranking
The RAM 1500 safety ranking places this celebrated half-ton pickup in a league of its own. In 2019, the RAM 1500 was the first-ever pickup truck to be recognized as a Top Safety Pick+. That’s the highest honor awarded by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and it’s a feat that no rival has yet matched.
The 2020 RAM 1500 safety ranking only confirmed what many drivers already knew! By earning its second consecutive Top Safety Pick+ rating, this celebrated RAM pickup proved that it was here to stay.
What Makes the RAM a Safety Pick?
Safety ratings this impressive don’t just materialize out of thin air, but what exactly makes this RAM a safety pick for Frankfort and New Lenox drivers?
Technically, a RAM 1500 requires optional front crash prevention technology, as well as Adaptive LED headlights, in order to qualify as a Top Safety Pick+. However, a quick glance at the RAM 1500 safety features proves that it’s the safest half-ton truck on the road today:
- High-Strength Steel Frame – The foundation of the RAM 1500 truck’s exceptional crash performance is its frame, which was reengineered for 2019 with 98% high-strength steel. (The Ford F-150 used up to 78% high-strength steel for its frame in 2019.)
- Largest-In-Class Brakes – You already know that the RAM 1500 has the power to bring you up to speed and tow heavy loads with ease–but it also excels when it’s time to reign things in. 14.9-inch brakes keep you in control.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – Stay in the know with available Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path Detection, and Trailer Detection. Your 1500 will automatically track movement in your blind spots. As class-exclusive advantage, it even takes the length of your trailer into account!
- Active Driving Assistance – Blind Spot Monitoring isn’t the only smart safety technology that helped earn the RAM a safety pick. Lane Departure Warning–Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, and Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist are just a few of the additional options.
- Adaptive LED Projector Lamps – These headlights were specially designed by RAM to help the RAM 1500 earn the highest safety ranking out there. They reduce glare, adjust their brightness in response to other drivers, and light up the pitch dark country roads like never before.
- Surround-View Camera – A rearview camera is standard in every RAM 1500, but you can upgrade to add the new 360° Surround View Camera. The latter gives you a complete picture of your surroundings when you’re backing out of a driveway or hooking up a trailer.
Two Years of Impressive RAM 1500 Safety Rankings
As the years go by, it only seems like there are more and more reasons to choose a RAM 1500! Especially after 2019’s complete redesign, critics and consumers alike have celebrated this unique half-ton pickup’s luxurious interior, innovative exterior design features, and impressive capabilities. After the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety revealed their RAM 1500 safety ranking, anyone could have predicted its victory as the 2019 Motor Trend Truck of the Year.
Make the RAM 1500 Your Safety Pick at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler!
Are you ready to experience everything this pickup has to offer on the roads near Mokena? The RAM 1500 safety ranking isn’t the only factor that makes this truck a must-buy, so check out our new RAM 1500 inventory today. Then, schedule a test drive that you’ll remember for years to come!
Learn More About the 2019 Ram 1500
The RAM 1500 safety ranking places this celebrated half-ton pickup in a league of its own. In 2019, the RAM 1500 was the first-ever pickup truck to be recognized as a Top Safety Pick+. That’s the highest honor awarded by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and it’s a feat that no rival has yet…
The reviews are in, and the 2019 RAM 1500 has not only been impressing New Lenox drivers, but industry experts as well. Just what makes the RAM 1500 such an outstanding choice for drivers in the Frankfort area? Read the RAM 1500 reviews before visiting South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler for a test drive. RAM 1500 Inventory Contact Us The…
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the light-duty 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. The Ram 1500 has been redesigned for the 2019 model year and features a variety of amenities to make towing safer and easier than…
The RAM 1500 specs have always been impressive, but there’s so much to love for the latest model year. The All-New RAM 1500 tailgate has been redesigned to be more convenient than ever before. Just what does it offer Frankfort drivers? Learn more from the experts at South Oak Jeep Dodge Ram Chrysler, then stop by the dealership to see…
One of the best parts of owning a vehicle is that you can customize it anyway you want once you’ve signed on the dotted line. As the owner, you can change anything you’d like from the tires to the hubcaps, performance, exhaust system, and the interior features. RAM truck drivers who use their vehicles for…